Steps to cut a release
- Bump the version defined in the code. As of the time of writing it is in
- Commit and open a pull request.
- Create a tag after that pull request gets squashed onto master.
git tag -a v0.13.0.
- Push the tag with
git push --tags(note this will push all tags). To push just one tag do something like:
git push <remote> refs/tags/v0.13.0where
<remote>refers to github.com/vmware-tanzu/sonobuoy (this might be something like
origin). If you are unsure, use the first option.
- Open a browser tab and go to: https://travis-ci.org/vmware-tanzu/sonobuoy/builds and verify go releaser for tag v0.13.0 completes successfully
- Upon successful completion of build job above, check the releases tab of https://github.com/vmware-tanzu/sonobuoy and verify the artifacts and changelog were published correctly.
- Finally, as a sanity check, run the following command to make sure the image was pushed
docker run -it gcr.io/heptio-images/sonobuoy:v0.13.0 /sonobuoy version. The output should match the release tag above.